As a Company Administrator, you have the option to anonymize the data on the platform to add a sense of mystery or to simply keep this information private.
Anonymizing the Platform
- What information is anonymized?
- Setting up Anonymizationg Options
- How do I 'toggle on' anonymization?
What information is anonymized?
Secure Code Warrior values the privacy of all its users. To meet regional regulatory requirements it may be necessary to not share the learning performance information of individuals with other users within the company. To do this we, have created a toggle that will anonymize personal identifiers on the platform.
These personal identifiers are:
No other personal information metadata is collected by the Secure Code Warrior platform.
Setting up Anonymization Options
There are four (4) options for admins to choose from when implementing anonymization controls.
These options affect certain user roles different. Refer to the table below for more information.
Personal identifiers are anonymized on all the views available for developers. Affects Leaderboards.
|Developers and Team managers||
Personal identifiers are anonymized on all the views available for developers and team managers.
* Leaderboards (for developers)
* Metrics pages
|Personal identifiers are anonymized on all the views for all roles. This includes all the views detailed in previous options on this table across the whole company.|
- Random names will be given to the developers and the same random names appear on the Tournament Leaderboard
- Company admins and Team Managers can still see the actual names of the developers on the Tournament Leaderboard
- Once the setting is toggled back to "None", the actual names will be displayed on the Tournament Leaderboard to all the Developers
- If the 'All roles' option is chosen, this action can only be undone by Secure Code Warrior.
Contact the support team or your customer success manager if you need to change that.
- If the 'All roles' option is chosen, company admins will not be able to generate API keys if API is enabled on their account.
How do I 'toggle on' anonymization?
Click Administration on the top menu then click on Preferences.
Under the Privacy section, select the anonymization option you would like to toggle on.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Preferences to save your changes
The screenshot below illustrates how the data would appear; developers can only see their own profile, while the rest of the users appear as "Anonymous User"
Anonymizing the Training Leaderboard (only)
The following instructions will help you anonymize only the Training leaderboard.
Click Administration in the top menu, then click on Preferences
Under Company Preferences, switch on the Anonymize leaderboard option
The screenshot below illustrates how the data would appear; developers can only see their own profile, while the rest of the users will be given fake names
TIP: If the anonymisation setting is changed/reverted, this will also change for historic data.