Courses module is for organizations that need to build secure coding skills in a tailored, yet repeatable way that gives your development teams knowledge and value. Courses is a developer-first learning solution that delivers framework-specific guided training to help increase secure coding competency, awareness, and meet compliance requirements.
Courses help build a positive culture around application security as well as training in general, leading to more security-conscious developers in the world which is great for everyone.
You get to create guided learning paths that focus on the specific vulnerabilities that impact your organization and you can change these paths as your development teams evolve and build their awareness.
Developers are engaged with targetted language:framework-specific modules to level up their secure coding skills, empowering them to release high-quality code much faster.
What do Courses Look Like?
Each learning module is made up of a collection of activities including
- Video - Learn foundational software security fundamentals and concepts
- Instructional Walkthroughs - experience the impact of software vulnerabilities with hands-on simulated apps
- Language:framework-specific coding challenges that level up skills in identifying, locating, and fixing software flaws
- Custom Activities -- add your own learning resources and content to a course
- Check-point challenges - unlock progress
- Immersive hands-on Missions based upon real-world applications to build and practice offensive secure coding skills
These all work together to help build secure coding skills and awareness as part of your overall security program, in preparation for an assessment, or even just to meet compliance requirements.
Courses can be optionally configured to be available and completed within a set timeframe or by a specific date. This is ideal for those trying to meet specific audit requirements, but can also be used for various engagement incentives around participation.
- I'm a developer -- How do I access my assigned Course?
- I'm a Team Manager or Administrator -- How do I create a Course?