How a course is structured can have a major impact on the quality of training your developers receive.
Below are some things to keep in mind when setting up your course structure:
- Consider the vulnerabilities you want to cover in your courses and group the activities for each vulnerability into a module
- Include a video about the vulnerability at the beginning of your course to give developers time to familiarize themselves with the vulnerability
- Before setting up a course, think about the vulnerability category/subcategory and level of difficulty you might want to include
- Consider setting checkpoints at the end of a module to provide a ‘self-check' for your developers
(Checkpoints are similar to Challenges, but with no hints.)
- When setting up consecutive modules, consider including an ‘unlock’ condition. Unlock conditions require a developer to complete one module before moving onto the next. This provides more structure and guidance to training and helps limit accidental confusion