Coding Labs helps developers advance their secure coding skills through hands-on training with intuitive feedback. Developers can advance their secure coding skills in a one-of-a-kind fully powered in-browser IDE. When Coding Labs are added to Courses, developers are given the opportunity to practice the knowledge they have gained during the course.
- For more information on Coding Labs see Coding Labs Overview
- For more information on editing published courses see How to Edit a Course
To add a Coding Lab to a Course
Note: Currently only C# (.NET) Core and Python Django OWASP Top 10 Labs are available with support for additional languages in development.
Coding Labs are available in the following templates for C# (.NET) Core and Python Django:
- Introduction to OWASP Top 10 Awareness (with latest updates from the Web top 10 2021)
- In-depth OWASP Top 10 Awareness (with latest updates from the Web top 10 2021)
- PCI DSS v4.0 Recommendations
- Secure Code Warrior Recommendations
- Security Measures for "EO-Critical Software" Use Under Executive Order (EO) 14028
Create a new course and add a supported language, or;
Edit an existing course that already contains a supported language, or;
Edit an existing course and add a supported language.
Select Course Content and then select a course module that contains content related to one of the supported OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities:
- Access Control: Missing Function Level Access Control
- Authentication: Improper Authentication
- File Upload Vulnerability: Unrestricted File Upload
- Injection Flaws: Path Traversal
- Injection Flaws: SQL injection
- Insecure Cryptography: Insecure Randomness
- Insufficient Logging and Monitoring
- Mass Assignment
- Server-Side Request Forgery: Server-Side Request Forgery (SSRF)
- XML External Entities (XXE)
Select the ellipsis next to the right of the module name and select Add activity
Select Coding lab and then select the required Category and Subcategory
Select Apply changes. The selected Coding Lab will be added to the module.
Please sign in to leave a comment.