Guidelines are now available in courses. They are available in course templates but can be manually added to courses. Developers can now:
- Deep-dive into security concepts to learn defensive security strategies specific to their language-framework stack
- Build solid foundational knowledge before graduating to more challenging, interactive learning activities
Managing courses and assessments
It's much easier to find courses using the course management page. New filters have been added, which allow filtering by the following attributes:
- LMS integration
- End-of-course assessment
- End date
- User assignments
In addition, the status filter now allows multiple selections - for example, it is possible to select both draft and preview statuses simultaneously.
Filters and sort order on the course management and assessments pages are retained when navigating the application. Logging out will set the filter/sort options back to default values, as will clearing the selection on the page itself.
The "items per page" option has been moved to the bottom of the assessments list to make it more intuitive.
We've improved our bulk reinvite users' capability to make it more discoverable and powerful. Previously bulk reinviting users mean manual selection and processing on a team-by-team basis. Now, company admins and team managers have a one-click solution to reinvite all users in the invited state saving valuable time and energy to remind users to get onto the platform.
Jira integration enhancements
We've made some improvements to our Jira Cloud, Server and Data Center integrations to improve how our microlearning content is identified and displayed in context and streamline the configuration process for administrators.
- Jira 9 is now supported for Jira Server and Data Center
- Our Jira integrations now support displaying training content for multiple vulnerabilities on the same issue
- Our Jira integrations now support searching multiple custom fields for vulnerability references
- The configuration has been streamlined with the removal of the default language setting and language/framework custom field
The Challenge makeover is now in Courses as well as Tournaments!
- Overview of code, including information about which chunks are relevant to the challenge.
- Asking for a hint considers the eliminated solutions in the identify and locate stages.
- Choose whether to show highlighted files in the tree and hide irrelevant files.
- Improved file tree decorations to make it more transparent and less overwhelming
- Tabs allow switching through files. Relevant files are opened by default, so searching isn't required.
- A clear indication of start/end points and selection for code chunks
- Easier switching between solutions at the fixing stage