As part of Secure Code Warrior®'s ongoing commitment to providing the best possible user experience, we are excited to announce new UI changes to the assessments module for developers. In addition to providing improvement to the user experience, the new interface introduces support for accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1AA).
Accessibility improvements include:
- Improved support for assistive technologies such as screen readers
- Aria tags for page elements
- Ensuring content and page layouts follow best practices
- Streamlining keyboard navigation for movement-impaired users
- Revamped colours and designs, following highlighting and contrast guidelines for visually impaired users
Main Assessments Page
This is the page where all assessments that the users have been invited to are listed.
Assessment Preview Screen
The new interface makes it easier for developers to:
- Review the properties of the assessment before starting it, such as:
- The number of challenges
- Difficulty level
- Time limit (if any)
- Passing score
- Languages included in the assessment
- Select their preferred language and start the assessment
- Review all their previous attempts
Assessment/Attempt Result Screen
This page is where users can view their assessment results. The results are now displayed in a more user-friendly way, making it easier for users to track their progress and see how their secure coding awareness has changed over time.
Users can view their strengths in each vulnerability category to learn more about the areas where they are most knowledgeable and the areas where they still need to improve.