Assessment screens are now WCAG 2.1AA compliant for Learners
The following screens have been updated to comply with WCAG 2.1AA standards when logged in as a Developer
- Assessment List page
- Assessment Overview page
- View Results page
WCAG 2.1AA compliance for the Challenges player is currently being worked on, so watch this space for more updates!
Java Enterprise Edition (Basic) Coding Labs
Three new Coding Labs have been added to the catalog, covering the following topics:
- Password hashing with Argon2
- Parameterize queries using Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Prevent XML external entity (XXE) injection
- Prevent OS command injection via parameterization
- Improve logging with the Logback framework and the SLF4J library
- Implement multi-factor authentication in Java
These are available via the Coding Labs menu, or for addition to Courses (individually or via the Course templates).
We've added an introductory course template that will provide learners with an overview of various interactive learning activities available in Secure Code Warrior. This short course is recommended for all new platform users as a first platform activity.
It is now possible to create Learning Programs that include a predefined sequence of Courses and Assessments across several skill levels. This new capability is provided via Preview to allow customers to evaluate the functionality and provide feedback, to guide future direction.
Programs allow Admins to
- Define the number of skill levels or belts that learners will follow
- Choose whether to include Assessments in a program
- For Course-only levels, it is also possible to define the number of Courses
- Where Assessments are used, decide whether learners can skip Courses if the Assessment is passed
- Select previously created Courses and Assessments for inclusion in the Program
- Automatically assign learners to a Learning Program (everyone, by team or by tag), with invites sent automatically to the relevant learners for each stage at the appropriate time. Set and forget!
It is also possible to see how many learners have reached each Course/Assessment/Level in the Program, plus who has passed/failed/completed each stage and where there are potential bottlenecks.
- See a list of Learning Programs to which they have been invited
- See a visual representation of the entire Learning Program
- See a visual representation of which Course or Assessment to take next
- See a visual representation of which Courses and/or Assessments they have completed, in the context of an entire Learning Program
- Receive email notifications when they complete a Course or Assessment, and guidance on what to do next
It is now possible to view a top-down aggregate view of Courses and Assessments, for all learners, across time, enabling admins to review trends in performance.
More information on how to enable our preview features is available in our Help Center. Speak to your Customer Success Manager for more information.