TypeScript Coding Labs
We've added more Coding Labs to our catalog, for TypeScript: Node.js (Express) and TypeScript: React, as follows
TypeScript: Node.js (Express):
- A1 - Implement authentication and authorization checks to prevent unauthorized access using Express middleware.
- A2 - Learn about random number generation
- A2 - Migrate password hashes
- A3 - Parameterize queries using TypeORM in NodeJS
- A3 - Path traversal mitigations in Node.js
- A4 - Secure against unrestricted file upload in TypeScript
- A5 - Prevent XML External Entities in Node.js
- A7 - Implement proper authentication with 2FA
- A8 - Overposting in Node.js Express
- A9 - Improve logging by using Winston
- A10 - Prevent Server-Side Request Forgery in TypeScript
- CSP header configuration in React
- Prevent open redirects attacks in React
- Prevent stored Cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Prevent modified components using subresource integrity
These are available via the Coding Labs menu, or for addition to Courses (individually or via the Course templates).
SCIM update: manage Roles, Teams, and Tags
SCIM user management has been updated to include new attributes: Roles, Teams, and Tags. This update provides company admins with an end-to-end solution for automating user management and allows them to create, de-provision, and update user attributes, such as name, email, roles, teams, tags, etc.
Please refer to this Knowledge Base article to learn how to set up SCIM for your Identity Provider.
Program Workflow improvements
We've added new capabilities to Programs, based on your feedback - thanks, and keep it coming!
- While most learners start at the beginning, some of your superstars may need to start with more advanced training. You can now define the starting point for learners who don't need to start at the first level
- When setting up Programs with Assessments, it's now possible to set up the Pre-course Assessment as optional, meaning that learners can choose whether to start with the Course or start with the Assessment
Haven't tried Programs yet? Switch on the Preview or talk to your customer success manager!
Course Metrics Report
You can now select multiple Courses. There is also a new pie chart to easily see an accuracy breakdown.
Assessment Metrics Report
There are two new charts added. An area chart showing attempts to pass and a breakdown of the current status for those invited. In addition to these two new charts, you will find insights cards directly below the content selector. These insight cards will contain easy-to-digest numbers around attempts, scores, and progress.
Performance Overview Report
Updated legend text to be more concise.
- Courses completed
- Course accuracy
- Assessments completed
- Assessment scores
- Assessments industry average: Other
We now only display the Course OR Assessment data in the chart to make it easier to read.