These guidelines are tailored for mainframes, featuring COBOL snippets. Previously, our theoretical learning content, delivered through web vulnerability videos, lacked relevance for developers doing mainframe challenges. Mainframe vulnerabilities differ from web vulnerabilities in manifestation and attack vectors, leaving developers without the necessary theoretical knowledge to dive into challenges.
The categories supported are:
- Injection Flaws - Code Injection
- Injection Flaws - SQL Injection
- Injection Flaws - Log Forging
- Memory Corruption - Stack Overflow
- Memory Corruption - Integer Overflow
- Memory Corruption - Type Confusion
- Memory Corruption - Buffer Overflow
- Information Exposure - Error Details
- Information Exposure - Debug Information
- Information Exposure - Sensitive Data Exposure
- Business Logic - Insufficient Validation
- Business Logic - Logical Error
- Insufficient Logging and Monitoring - Insufficient Logging and Monitoring
Program Workflow improvements
We've added a couple more changes to Programs (thanks again for the feedback!)
- Programs are now shown on the Learner's dashboard, so they can more easily see what to do next when they log in
- The weekly activity report for Admins now shows an overview of any Learners who are blocked and cannot progress through their Program due to a failed assessment.
Haven't tried Programs yet? Switch on the Preview or talk to your customer success manager!