When certain fields in an active assessment are updated, a new version of the assessment will be created. This new assessment becomes the 'Active' version, while the status of the former assessment switches to 'SUPERSEDED'.
The 'SUPERSEDED' status means no new developers can take this assessment. Additionally, as an admin, you won't be able to invite new developers to the 'SUPERSEDED' version.
What Kind of Changes Result in a Superseded Assessment?
- Time limit
- Challenge options
And here's a quick rundown of what happens in the platform upon making the above types of changes:
- A new version of the assessment is created upon saving changes
- The existing assessment's status switches to 'SUPERSEDED'
- The 'SUPERSEDED' assessment is depreciated for all invited participants who haven't started it
- New reports are created separately from the 'SUPERSEDED' assessment's reports
- Developers who have not yet begun the 'SUPERSEDED' assessment will be automatically transferred to the new assessment.
- Developers who are "in progress" will not be able to continue the 'SUPERSEDED' assessment; instead, administrators must invite them to the new one.